On 1 November 2012, the Minister of Transport authorised a 'North Asia Alliance Agreement' and a code-share agreement between Air New Zealand and Cathay Pacific.
The agreements provide for:
- a broad scheduling, pricing and capacity coordination arrangement covering:
- all New Zealand to Hong Kong sectors operated by either airline (the Alliance Routes)
- feeder routes, being the domestic New Zealand sector of an international route comprising an Alliance Route plus a domestic New Zealand sector connecting to an Alliance Route as part of an international itinerary
- a free-sell code-share on the Alliance Routes
- revenue allocation on the Alliance Routes
View the submissions received from industry stakeholders